Findagroup enables you to search for local groups, activities, facilities and services provided by the community and voluntary sector in Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil. This includes a huge range of activities and services across all communities providing activities and services for people of all ages and abilities. These include:
- Childcare and after school clubs
- Community centres
- Community development organisations
- Youth clubs
- Leisure such as bowls clubs and walking groups
- Social groups
- Churches and religious organisations
- Arts and culture covering choirs, theatre, drama and heritage organisations
- Sports Clubs
- Support groups covering everything from parenting children with disabilities to mental wellbeing peer support groups
- A wide variety of large and small charities covering health and social care; children, young people and families; mental health; older people; dementia; support with cancer; and lots more!
- Social enterprises such as café’s, recycling charities and charity shops – organisations that do a significant amount of trading to raise an income to support their social purpose.
- Specific volunteering opportunities are also available through Volunteering Wales
Findagroup has been developed by Interlink and Voluntary Action Merthyr Tydfil to promote the work of the community and voluntary sector (also called the third sector). This includes members of the public looking to find something they want to do or a service they need; as well as people working in the public sector looking for services for the people they work with – really it is for anyone who wants to know more about local groups, activities, facilities and services in Cwm Taf.